Whenever I hear bad news in my business, I like to start prospecting. I know this sounds weird, but somehow going after new clients is very soothing to the soul. Not to mention, it is healthy for my business as well.
Not to say that I do not prospect regularly throughout the year; I do. However, when a client decides to not move forward with me or I feel that I am getting into a rut, finding a new client is just what the doctor ordered.
Over the years, I have found a few specific ways to find new clients fast. Below are some of my favorites. You will not always get money the same day, but usually within 2-4 weeks these strategies usually work like a charm.
Before we get started, a few words of warning here. First, not all of these ideas work with every business. Second, some of these strategies are great short term starters, but work even better in the long-term for your clients. If you are always looking for short term gains, then you will usually find the road to success takes a lot longer.
5 Strategies For Finding New Clients Fast
1. Target your ideal prospect- The best strategy for finding new clients fast is to have a razor sharp definition of who your ideal prospect is. When you know who you want to do business with, then finding those clients is easier and quicker.
2. Start networking- Get out of your house or office. Meet people! Preferably, you will want to go to networking events in your area to connect with other business professionals. Use sites like Meetup.com to find targeted people in your area.
3. Connect with your current database- If you want to find new clients, sometimes you will discover that the best prospects are the people already in your network. Reaching out to networks, and going to events is great when you start out. However, why start from scratch every single time. Instead, you need to connect with people already in your database.
Take a dive into your email, and see what deals might have fallen through the cracks when you were busy. Now that you have sometime follow up with the clients. Ideally, you should be setting up a CRM to organize your sales funnel. However, things happen. Make sure that you reach out to that client you sent out a quote six months ago. Find out if they are still interested in your services.
If they are, you can dust off the proposal, so you can provide them with their services quickly.
4. Create a special offer for a limited time- If you are really in a crunch for money or clients, then use a special offer to get clients in the door quickly. This works great when you have an established product that you offer as a special. For example, I do business coaching. A few years ago, when I was tight on money I offered my services at a discounted rate. The catch was that people had to bid on my time. So, instead of just offering the service at $100 for 2 hours of coaching, I started at $100 and the bidding went up to around $15o after a few rounds of bids.
I made some quick money, and the client who won got additional benefits from my services.
5. Build your power partnerships- This approach is not the fastest approach for getting clients, however, it is the fastest approach for building your business. Instead of you chasing after every client, you need power partners who can work with you to build your business. They bring you referrals and vice versa.
Finding Quality Clients
With all of the methods for finding clients quickly, let’s take a minute to remember that it does not matter if you find the wrong clients. When you find the right clients fast, it makes all the difference in the long run. Those clients will be with you longer and be more loyal. That is why the first thing you need to find clients fast is to identify your ideal prospect.
Once you do that, it will make it easier to find them and show them your services. Let me know in the comment area if you have any questions about finding new clients for your business?